- Make sure your pet wears an identification tag to enable him to be returned to you if lost.
- To prevent animal behavior problems, make sure you enroll your new puppy or dog in behavioral training classes and visit http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/pets/
- Prepare for disaster. Make sure you have a plan for your pet in the event of a hurricane, tornado, fire or flood.
- Animal behavioral problems can be health related. Make sure your pet has a complete medical exam by a veterinarian at least once a year.
- Plan for your pet’s future in case something happens to you.
- Learn how to avoid dog bites, and how to prevent your dog from biting by going to http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/avoid_dog_bites.html
- Have a heart, be smart and make sure your pet is spayed or neutered.
For more pet tips go to http://www.humanesociety.org/