Constituent Services Liaison and Ombudsperson for Elder & Disabled Services
The Office of Human Services staff includes a Constituent Services Liaison, Ombudsperson for Elder & Disabled Services and Neighborhood Liaison. These positions focus on addressing the needs of New Bedford elders, persons with disabilities and low-income residents of the city.
Nora Andino, Constituent Services Liaison, is a bi-lingual staff (Spanish) member who:
- Provides case management, information & referral services to constituents with emphasis on the Latino Community.
- Networks and collaborates on clients behalf
- Processes referrals for constituents to social service agencies, religious, profit and non-profit community organizations
- Helps to facilitate city and community services for those with a language barrier
- Attends agency and community meetings
- Collaborates with other agencies/ organizations
Phone: 508-979-1516 0r 508-961-3136
Office hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
City Hall, Room 119
Para informacion en Espanol llame al
Pauline Macedo, Ombudsperson for Elder & Disabled Services, provides:
- I & R to N.B. low-income residents about local, state and federal programs
- Assists with housing related matters, Snap Benefits etc.
- Non-legal translations/interpretations (Portuguese)
- Serve as a liaison on behalf of City Departments and constituents for their needs
- Collaborates with other Social Service Agencies by attending agency & community meetings.
Contact: Pauline Macedo
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; City Hall, Room 219
Home, Hospital and Nursing Home Visits available upon request
- Para informação em Português chame o Escritório pelo tel. 508.-961-3135.
The Sunset Supper & Social is a 16-week program for “downtown” seniors and residents with disabilities.
Hosted by the Office of Human Services, 35 participants gather weekly for a nutritious meal with an opportunity for socialization at Grace Episcopal Church of New Bedford (community room-side entrance) from 4:30 – 700 pm. This program gives elder residents who don’t usually venture out at night the opportunity to gather one evening a week in a safe and comfortable environment. Downtown seniors (62+) and residents with disabilities are invited. This program is funded by The City of New Bedford. Pre-registration is required.
Fall Session –Sept. 8th – November 3rd Completed
Spring Session – May 4th 2017 – June 22nd 2017
Pre-registration – April 24th 2017
Contact: Pauline Macedo
- Para información en Español llame la Oficina de Asuntos Culturales a 508-979-1516.
- Para informação em Português chame pelo tel. 508-961-3135.
John Lobo, Neighborhood Liaison, provides:
- Provides assistants to Neighborhood Groups, attends meeting, solves Neighborhood issues
- Assist with special projects.
- Assist residents with quality of life issues.
- Collaborates with other agencies/ organizations.
- Process referrals from constituent to City Departments.
- Coordinate Graffiti removal.
Email: John.Lobo@newbedford-ma.govOffice hours: Mon. – Fri. 7:30-4:30 City Hall, Room 220