The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
December 2, 2013 – December 6, 2013 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford - Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow detour signs posted.
- Roadway demolition on Route 6 New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge.
- Shifting East and West lane travel towards the South side of the road way.
International Market Place:
- Installing cement concrete pavers within the intersection of Acushnet Ave and Sawyer St.Also, grading the South West corner of the intersection.
- Excavate, grade, and pour cement concrete sidewalks within the intersection of Sawyer St & Acushnet Avenue.
Mill St Project:
- Contractor work throughout project on miscellaneous items.
Union St Project:
- Installing cobble stones on Union St between Route 18 and Water St.
- Planting trees on Union St between County to Water St.
- Patch intersection of Water St and Union St.
- Pouring cement concrete driveways and sidewalks on Pleasant St between Grinnell & Wing St.
- MDOT: Maintenance of bridge on Hillman St between Purchase and Acushnet Ave follow detour signs.
- Water main replacement on MacArthur Drive between Union St and Walnut St.
- Replacing and installing new gas main on Kempton St from North St to Dartmouth town line. Hours are from 7 P.M. to 5 A.M.
- Replacing gas main and services on Brownell Ave from Kempton to Metropolitan Ave.
- Excavate and grade roadway on Chaffee St east of Acushnet Avenue.
- Water Division: The hydrant program will be in operation from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. Due to opening and closing of gate valves and the reverse flowing of water, there may be temporary water discoloration. Flushing will be in the area of Brock Ave Easterly between Mott St to Apponagansett St.