The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
April 22, 2014 – April 25, 2014 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford - Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
International Market Place:
- Contractor working on miscellaneous items throughout project.
Union Street Project:
- Installing brick sidewalks on Union St between Water St and Route 18.Detour signs will be posted as needed.
McArthur Dr Railroad Extension Project:
- Remove existing railroad.
- Prepare for the installation for the proposed railroad.
Route 6, Route 140 & Brownell Avenue Project:
- Contractor will be digging test pits throughout project. Lane closures are needed.
- Drainage installation on Rt 140 North, temporary closures.
- Water Division: The hydrant program will be in operation from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. Due to opening and closing of gate valves and the reverse flowing of water, there may be temporary water discoloration. Flushing will be the in the area of the Freetown line to Braley Rd.