The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
May 20, 2013 – May 24, 2013 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford - Department of Public Infrastructure
JFK (RT 18) Highway Improvement Project
- All traffic on MacArthur Drive & Route 18 are able to travel North & South. Also, all traffic on Route 18 have access to downtown at Elm St, Union St, and Walnut St.
- Contractor work throughout project on miscellaneous items.
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow detour signs posted
- Roadway demolition on Route 6 New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge.
- Shifting East and West lane travel towards the South side of the road way.
International Market Place:
- Excavating, grading and pouring cement concrete sidewalks on Acushnet Ave between Coggeshall St & Sawyer St.
- Installing crosswalks and pavers on Acushnet Avenue at Coggeshall St.
- Acushnet Ave closed at Coggeshall St intersection, traffic can only go east and west.
Mill St Project:
- Installing cement concrete sidewalks and granite curb on Mill St between Summit St & Cedar St.
- Excavating electrical conduits for traffic signals on Mill St between Cedar to Cottage St.Also, Cottage St between Mill & Kempton St.
- Harbor St will be closed between Cove St and Gifford St due to removal of the pedestrian bridge.
- Water Division: The hydrant program will be in operation from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. Due to opening and closing of gate valves and the reverse flowing of water, there may be temporary water discoloration. Flushing will be in the area of Braley Rd to Phillips Rd between Route 140 to Acushnet Town line.