The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of July 6, 2015 – July 10, 2015 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Route 6, Route 140 & Brownell Avenue Project:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project area.
- Contractor will be installing hot mix asphalt top course throughout the entire project. Contractor will be working on installing benches trash receptacles’ and trees. Contractor will be working at the pocket parks at Beetle Street and Acushnet Avenue and Nye Street and Acushnet Avenue.
Herman Melville Boulevard:
- Contractor will install granite curb and pave sidewalks south of Wamsutta Street.
- Installation of LED Lights City wide..
- Hydrant flushing in the west end of the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Contractor will install granite curb and excavate and grade sidewalks on Clifford Street between Ashley Blvd. and Brook St.
- MASDOT will be working on the railroad bridge over Route 18S which will have a lane closure on Rouse `8s as well as a lane closure on Acushnet Avenue.