The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
October 22nd, 2018 – October 26th, 2018 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Clara St. from Brock Ave. to East Rodney French Blvd.
- Campbell St. from Shawmut Ave. to Cottage St.
- Nye St. from Belleville Ave. to North Front St.
- Valentine St. from Brock Ave. to West Rodney French Blvd.
Lead Service Replacement Project:
Tuesday – Friday (07:00 to 16:00)
- The Contractor is scheduled to continue work replacing existing lead water service connections along Orchard St, Bonney St, Briggs St, Rockland St, Thompson St, Acushnet Ave and Warwick St.
- Contractor working on reconstruction of Rt. 18 from Walnut St. to Cove St.
- Contractor working on reconstruction of Coggeshall St. from Mitchell St. to Purchase St.
- Contractor will begin road reconstruction on Elm St from Liberty St to Jenney St.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Liberty St. between Durfee St. to Parker St.
- Contractor will loam and seed on Oak St. from Dartmouth St. to Grape St. As well as, Grape St. from Oak St. to Field St.
- Contractor will install top course on Beetle St. from Acushnet Ave. to Ashley Blvd.
- Contractor will install top course on Bentley St. from Acushnet Ave. to Ashley Blvd.
- Contractor will be working on street and sidewalk patches throughout the City.
- Contractor will be cleaning wastewater piping along Macarthur Drive, Fisherman’s Wharf, Leonard’s Wharf, Front St at Elm St, Homers Wharf and Shawmut Ave. (Tuesday – Friday 07:00 to 17:00)
- The Contractors is scheduled to complete sewer lining along Shawmut Ave .
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be line painting crosswalks on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- The City will be starting its annual street sweeping program on April 5, 2018. There will be no parking on both sides of the street overnight from midnight Thursday to 6am Friday. Failure to follow the posted street sweeping signs will result in your vehicle being towed. This program will run from April 1st to November 1st. The following locations will operate on a bi-weekly schedule.
First and Third Thursday of the Month:
- Dartmouth from Matthew St. to Allen St.
- Kempton St. from Rockdale Ave. to Sixth St.
- Mill St. from County St. to Rockdale Ave.
- Rivet St. from Route 18 to Hemlock St.
Second and fourth Thursday of the Month:
- County St. from Rivet St. to Cove Rd.
- Ashley Blvd. from Nash Rd. to Coggeshall St.
- Acushnet Ave. from Nash Rd. to Coggeshall St.
- North Front St. Nash Rd. to Coggeshall St.