The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of July 18, 2016 – July 22, 2016 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
- Ramp from Route 18 North to Route 6 easterly will be closed from Monday through Thursday, from the hours of 9am- 3pm.
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- The roadway closure at Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta will remain closed. Please follow detour signs.
Coggeshall St Sewer Separation:
- The Contractor will continue installing the drain along Coggeshall St between Veterans Memorial Way and Mitchell St. There will be access to all businesses within the work zone.
- MASSDOT working under Route 6 over pass at MacArthur Drive. Road narrows at location.
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items on Rotch St. between Hawthorn St. and Maple St.
- The Contractor is scheduled to begin sidewalk restorations along Tarklin Hill Rd, Ashley Blvd and Mt Pleasant St this week
- Contractor will be working on excavating grating and paving Bessey St from Acushnet Ave to the Acushnet town line.
- Contractor will be working on excavating, grating and paving Tacoma St from Wildwood Rd. Westerly to the end.
- Hydrant flushing on dead ends in the far north end of the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Hydrant flushing Downtown on County St. to Kempton St. and from Kempton to Walnut St. to Macarthur Drive Dr. on Sundays July 17, 24, 31 2016. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Hydrant flushing on Coggeshall St. to North Front. And from Belleville Ave to Blackmer St on Sundays July 17, 24, 31 2016. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Hydrant flushing in Industrial Park to Phillips Rd. Sundays July 17, 24, 31 2016. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Contractor will be building the Cove Walk between West Rodney French Blvd. and Cove Rd.