The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
October 23, 2017 – October 27, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Plymouth St between Brownell Ave. easterly
- Snow St between Brownell Ave to Allen St
- Brownell Ave. between Allen St. to Hawthorn St
- Ryan St between Brownell St to 222 Ryan St
- Cleveland St between Cove St to Ruth St
- Hall St between Rockland St. to Fair St.
- Morton Court between Cove St to Gifford St
- Stanton Ct.
- The Contractor will continue the installation of the new drain pipe and water main along Union St between Purchase St and Sixth St.
- Union St between Sixth St and Purchase St will be closed and traffic will be detoured at times during construction.
- Traffic along Union St will be reduced to one lane.
- All businesses will remain open and accessible. The scheduled work hours are 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Traffic signage will be posted and police detail officers will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous area within the city.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 South of Walnut St to Cove Road on road reconstruction.
- Contractor will be working on Coggeshall St from Purchase to Mitchell St.
- Contractor will be excavating and repaving roadway on Bullard St between Ashley Blvd and Acushnet Avenue.
- Contractors will continue road reconstruction on Van Buren St, between Myrtle St to Mt. Pleasant St.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Acushnet Ave between Madison St and Russell St.
- Contractor will be working on Cove Walk entrance ramps.
- City of New Bedford will be working at Dog Park on Greenwood St and Hathaway Blvd.
- City of New Bedford will be working on Shawmut Avenue from City Pump Station to Nash Rd, installing force main.
- Playground installation at Pope’s Island
- Contractor will be paving from North to Pearl St.