The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of October 5, 2015 – October 9, 2015 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- The roadway closure at Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta will remain closed. Please follow detour signs.
- Contractor will be paving the median on Route 18., which may cause only one lane to be open.
Coggeshall Street sewer separation project
- Contractor will be installing drain piping on Coggeshall Street between Belleville Avenue and Mitchell St.
- Contractor will continue construction of large cast in place concrete drain structures at Sawyer St and Mitchell St intersection.
- Contractors will begin installing drainage and sewer main piping on Jean St from Sawyer St to Coggeshall St. Detour signs will be in place.
- Hydrant flushing in the south end of the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Temporary water main by-pass piping has been installed along Tarklin Hill Rd and Park Ave between Ashley Blvd and Worcester St and along Ashley Blvd between Tarklin Hill Rd and Irvington St. Please use caution.
- Contractor will excavate and install new 36” valves are the intersection of Tarklin Hill Rd, and Park St.
- Contractor will excavate for new valve installation at the intersection of Tarklin Hill Rd and Ashley Blvd.
- Contractor will be performing miscellaneous water work along Tarkiln Hill Road between Worcester Street and Ashley Boulevard.
- Contractor will be working on Nye St pocket park at North-East corner of Acushnet Ave & Nye St.
- Contractor will be working at rail road crossing on Nash Rd between Mt.Pleasant St and Church St.
- Contractor will be removing and resetting curb. Grading and pouring cement concrete sidewalks at the Octopus intersection. Also, installing cement foundations for traffic signals(Sixth St, Pleasant St, Mill St, Kempton St.)