The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
June 18th, 2018 – June 22nd, 2018 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Peckham Rd. from Acushnet Ave to 964 Peckham Rd.
- Collette St. from Belleville Ave. to Riverside Ave.
- Frederick St. from Brock Ave to. East Rodney French Blvd.
Lead Service Replacement Project:
- Contractor will continue to replace existing lead water service connections along Earle St. Church St, Nash Rd, Ashley Blvd, and Hathaway St.
- The contractor will continue to complete sidewalk restoration and loaming and seeding in the Sassaaquin area along Acushnet Ave., Ivers St., Morton Ave., Sassaquin Ave. and Tobey St.
- Contractor will be working on sidewalks and roadway on Union St between Purchase St. and Pleasant St.
- Contractor will be working at the intersection of Union St. and Pleasant St.
- Contractor working on reconstruction of Rt. 18 from Walnut St. to Cove St.
- Contractor working on reconstruction of Coggeshall St. from Mitchell St. to Acushnet Ave.
- Contractor will begin road reconstruction on Holly Tree Ln between Phillips rd and Hillcrest st.
- Contractor will be working on street and sidewalk patches throughout the City.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be line painting crosswalks on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Contractor will continue work for Airport Runway Project, off of New Plainville Rd.
- The City will be starting its annual street sweeping program on April 5, 2018. There will be no parking on both sides of the street overnight from midnight Thursday to 6am Friday. Failure to follow the posted street sweeping signs will result in your vehicle being towed. This program will run from April 1st to November 1st. The following locations will operate on a bi-weekly schedule.
First and Third Thursday of the Month:
- Dartmouth from Matthew St to Allen St
- Kempton St from Rockdale Ave to Sixth St
- Mill St from County St to Rockdale Ave
- Rivet St from Route 18 to Hemlock St
Second and fourth Thursday of the Month:
- County St from Rivet St to Cove Rd
- Ashley from Nash Road to Coggeshall St
- Acushnet Ave from Nash Rd to Coggeshall St
- North Front St Nash Rd to Coggeshall St