The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
August 13th, 2018 – August 17th, 2018 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Fredrick St. from Brock Ave. to E. Rodney French Blvd.
- Acushnet Ave. from Peckham Rd. to Rosa Dr.
- Clara St. from Brock Ave. to East Rodney French Blvd.
Lead Service Replacement Project:
- The Contractor is scheduled to continue work replacing existing lead water service connections along Brook St., Sawyer St., Tallman St., Wing St., Ashley Blvd., Pleasant St. Holly St., S. Sixth St., Phillips Ave., and Deane St.
- Contractor will be working on sidewalks and roadway on Union St between Purchase St. and South Second St.
- Contractor working on reconstruction of Rt. 18 from Walnut St. to Cove St.
- Contractor working on reconstruction of Coggeshall St. from Mitchell St. to Purchase St.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Collette St. between North Front St. and Belleville Ave.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Holly Tree Lane from Phillips Rd. to Hillcrest Rd.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Beetle St. from Acushnet Ave. to Ashley Blvd.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Bentley St. from Acushnet Ave. to Ashley Blvd.
- Contractor will be working on street and sidewalk patches throughout the City.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be line painting crosswalks on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Contractor will continue work for Airport Runway Project, off of New Plainville Rd.
- The City will be starting its annual street sweeping program on April 5, 2018. There will be no parking on both sides of the street overnight from midnight Thursday to 6am Friday. Failure to follow the posted street sweeping signs will result in your vehicle being towed. This program will run from April 1st to November 1st. The following locations will operate on a bi-weekly schedule.
First and Third Thursday of the Month:
- Dartmouth from Matthew St. to Allen St.
- Kempton St. from Rockdale Ave. to Sixth St.
- Mill St. from County St. to Rockdale Ave.
- Rivet St. from Route 18 to Hemlock St.
Second and fourth Thursday of the Month:
- County St. from Rivet St. to Cove Rd.
- Ashley Blvd. from Nash Rd. to Coggeshall St.
- Acushnet Ave. from Nash Rd. to Coggeshall St.
- North Front St. Nash Rd. to Coggeshall St.