The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of July 17, 2017 – July 22, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Hemlock Street at Rockdale Avenue
- Hemlock Street between Rockdale Avenue and Swift Street
- Smith Street between Chestnut Street and Walden Street
- Walden Street between Smith Street and Hillman Street
- Orchard Street at Bedford Street
- Union Street:
- The Contractor is scheduled to begin the drainage and water replacement along Union St between Acushnet Ave and Sixth St on Monday July 17th. The work is scheduled to begin at the Union St and Acushnet Ave intersection and will proceed westerly. Traffic will be reduced to one lane, a detour via School St will be necessary at times during construction. All businesses will remain open and accessible.
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous areas in the city.
- Contractors will be working on Cove walk entrances.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 south of Walnut St to Cove Road on road reconstruction.
- Contractor will be reconstructing basketball court at Pine Hill Park.
- Contractor will begin road reconstruction on Birchwood Drive between Phillips Road to Longview Rd.
- Contractor will be crack sealing on various streets throughout the city
- Hydrant flushing on dead ends in the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- City of New Bedford will be working at Dog Park on Greenwood St and Hathaway Blvd.
- City of New Bedford will be installing Drainage at the Intersection of Leroy St and Morton Ave.