The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
November 27, 2017 – December 1, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Columbia St between Allen St to Clay St
- Newton St between Kempton St to Union St
- Harrison St to 55 Oak St
- Bay St from Columbia St to Cottage St
- Rockland St between County St to Purchase St
- Arnold Place
- There will be no road work next week. The utility replacement work will be suspended during the holidays. Work will resume in January (weather dependent).
Lead Service Replacement Project:
- The contractor will begin to replace water services along Tobey St.
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous area within the city.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 South of Walnut St to Cove Road on road reconstruction.
- Contractor will be working on Coggeshall St from Purchase to Mitchell St.
- Contractor will be excavating and repaving roadway on Bullard St between Ashley Blvd and Acushnet Avenue.
- Contractors will continue road reconstruction Brownell Ave between Plymouth St to Allen St
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Acushnet Ave between Madison St and Russell St
- Contractor will be working on Cove Walk entrance ramps.
- City of New Bedford will be working at Dog Park on Greenwood St and Hathaway Blvd.
- City of New Bedford will be working on Shawmut Avenue from City Pump Station to Nash Rd, installing force main.