The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
September 25, 2017 – September 29,, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Bonney St between Rockland St to Grinnell St
- Cove St between Route 18 to South First St
- Plymouth St between Brownell Ave. easterly
- Bullard St from Ashley Blvd to Acushnet Avenue
- Snow St between Brownell Ave. to Allen
- Brownell Ave. between Allen St. to Hawthorn St
- Ryan St between Brownell St. to 222 Ryan St.
- The Contractor will continue the installation of the new drain pipe and water main along Union St between Acushnet Ave and Pleasant St
- Union St will be reduced to one lane between Pleasant St and Second St to allow eastbound traffic when possible. Westbound traffic will be detoured via Second St
- Union St between Pleasant St and Purchase St and detour all traffic at times during construction
- All businesses will remain open and accessible. The scheduled work hours are 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Traffic signage will be posted and police detail officers will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous area within the city.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 South of Walnut St to Cove Road on road reconstruction.
- Contractor will be working on Coggeshall St from Purchase to Mitchell St.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Hemlock St between Rockdale Ave to Town Line.
- Contractors will continue road reconstruction on Van Buren St, between Myrtle St to Mt. Pleasant St.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Acushnet Ave between Madison St and Russell St
- Contractor will be working on Cove Walk entrance ramps.
- Hydrant flushing on dead ends in the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Hydrant Flushing will take place on Sunday September 24th, at the following areas: Industrial Park along Braley Road, Church St, Phillips Road, Duchaine Blvd, Samuel Barnet Blvd, and John Vertente Blvd. The Fish Houses along Coggeshall Street and North Front Street, Herman Melville Blvd, MacArthur Drive from Front Street to Cove Street. Pier 2, Pier 4, and State Pier. Downtown between Maxfield Street and Walnut Street and from County Street to the Water Front.
- City of New Bedford will be working at Dog Park on Greenwood St and Hathaway Blvd.
- City of New Bedford will be working on Shawmut Avenue from City Pump Station to Nash Rd, installing force main.