The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of October 20, 2014 – October 24, 2014 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Route 6, Route 140 & Brownell Avenue Project:
- Remove and reset existing curb, installing new granite curb. Also, pouring cement concrete sidewalks on Brownell Ave & Route 6. Temporary lane closures. Please follow Detours in place.
- Water Division: The hydrant program will be in operation from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. Due to opening and closing of gate valves and the reverse flowing of water, there may be temporary water discoloration. Flushing will be within the area of Union St southerly to Allen St.
- Sunday October 19, 2014 flushing hydrants at all fish house locations.
- Installing, removing, and resetting granite curb. Excavating and grading sidewalks on Hathaway Blvd between Parker St and Rockdale Ave.Also, installing hot mix asphalt top course within the limits.
- Pouring cement concrete foundations for traffic signals mast arms. Removing and resetting curb. Also, excavating and grading for cement sidewalk and wheel chair ramps at the Intersection of Shawmut Ave and Hathaway Rd.
- Installation of LED Lights City wide.
- Installing new water main on Metropolitan St between Brownell Ave & Commonwealth Ave.
- Installing water and drainage on Liberty St at Harrington Park.
- Excavating and grading Portland St between Brock Ave and East Rodney French Blvd.
- Excavating and grading driveway entrance to Brooklawn park near the library at Irvington St. Also, installing granite curb.