The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
February 19, 2019 – February 22, 2019 and they are as follows:
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Rockdale Ave from Grape St to Hawthorn St
- Pearl St from County St to Purchase St
- Willis St from County St to Purchase St
- Ashley Blvd from Irvington St to Brooklawn St
- Bolton St from Larch St to Goulart Square
- Durfee St from Richmond St to Cottage St
- County St from Pope St to Linden St
- Weld St from Summer St to Reynolds St
- Contractor is scheduled to perform CCTV inspection of wastewater piping along various locations across the city.
- Contractor will be conducting over-under manhole inspection at various locations across the city.
- The Contractor is scheduled to complete manhole rehabilitation along Shawmut Ave between Nash Rd and the New Bedford Regional Airport as well as, MacArthur Dr.
- The Contractor will be scheduling appointments and will have technicians visiting various locations throughout the city to replace meters and meter interface units (meter readers). (Monday – Saturday 07:00 to 16:00) There will be no traffic control for this work.
- The Contractor is scheduled to continue pipe installation associated with the pump station improvements. Elm St will be closed between JFK Memorial Highway (Route 18) and MacArthur Drive. The closure will be in effect 24/7 beginning on Monday, January 21st. The detour will be via MacArthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Please see the City of New Bedford website for additional street closings due to Special Events.