The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of August 3, 2015 – August 7, 2015 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Route 6, Route 140 & Brownell Avenue Project:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project area.
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be closing Rt 18 SB and/or NB, for de-leading operations. There will be one lane open to traffic in both directions at all times. Please follow detour signs.
Coggeshall Street sewer separation project
- Contractor will be installing drain pipe along Coggeshall St between Acushnet Ave and Ashley Blvd.
- Contractor will be working on water mains along Belleville Ave between Coggeshall St and Washburn St.
- Installation of LED Lights City wide.
- Hydrant flushing in the west end of the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Contractor will be excavating and grading sidewalks on Rotch St between Hawthorn St and Maple St. Also, removing and resetting granite curb.
- Excavating a series of test pits along Mt. Pleasant St between Kings Highway & Nash Road. Also, excavating test pits along Ashley Blvd between Park Ave & Deane St.
- Contractor will install granite curb on West Rodney French Blvd between Lucas St and Valentine St.