The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
April 16, 2018 – April 20, 2018 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Cleveland St. from Fredrick St. to Clara St.
- Tallman St from Brook St to Acushnet Ave
- Frank St from Bolton St to Townline
Lead Service Replacement Project:
- No work on Monday, April 16, 2018, Patriots Day.
- Contractor will continue work to replace existing lead water service connections in the North End of the city along Eugenia St, Belleville Rd and Ashley Blvd.
- Contractor will be working on road reconstruction on Union St between Sixth St and Peasant St.
- Contractor resuming reconstruction of Rt. 18 from Walnut St. to Cove St.
- Contractor resuming reconstruction of Coggeshall St. from Mitchell St. to Acushnet Ave.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on continuous base throughout the city.
- Contractor will continue work for Airport Run way project, off of New Plainville Rd. Road work will include road closure with police details.
- The City will be starting its annual street sweeping program on April 5, 2018. There will be no parking on both sides of the street overnight from midnight Thursday to 6am Friday. Failure to follow the posted street sweeping signs will result in your vehicle being towed. This program will run from April 1st to November 1st. The following locations will operate on a bi-weekly schedule.
- First and Third Thursday of the Month:
- Dartmouth from Matthew St to Allen St
- Kempton St from Rockdale Ave to Sixth St
- Mill St from County St to Rockdale Ave
- Rivet St from Route 18 to Hemlock St