The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of June 1, 2015 – June 5, 2015 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Route 6, Route 140 & Brownell Avenue Project:
- Contractor working on installing cement concrete sidewalks and installing granite curb and adjusting structures.
- Contractor will be installing cement concrete sidewalks on Acushnet Avenue between Sawyer Street and Holly Street.
Herman Melville Boulevard:
- Contractor will be repairing an existing force main on Herman Melville Boulevard between Wamsutta Street and Hervey Tichon Avenue. Please follow all detour signs.
Route 18 Construction:
- Installation of BR2 railings on Route 18 from Union Street to Route 6 on-ramp on the north bound side.
- Installation of LED Lights City wide.
- Hydrant flushing in the far north end of the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.