The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
December 11, 2017 – December 15, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Bay St from Borden St to Cottage St
- Arnold Place
- Tallman St between Brook St to Acushnet Ave
- Purchase St. between Bedford St to Grinnell St
- James St between Union St to Court St
- State St between Willis St to Hillman St
- Osbourne St between Bolton St to Dartmouth Town line
- There will be no road work next week. The utility replacement work will be suspended during the holidays. Work will resume in January (weather dependent).
Lead Service Replacement Project:
- The Contractor will continue to replace lead water service connections in the north end of the city along Acushnet Ave.
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous areas within the city.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 South of Walnut St to Cove Road on road reconstruction.
- Contractor will resume work on Coggeshall St from Purchase to Mitchell St starting in Spring 2018
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Acushnet Ave between Madison St and Russell St
- Contractor will be working on Cove Walk entrance ramps.
- City of New Bedford will be working at Dog Park on Greenwood St and Hathaway Blvd.
- City of New Bedford will be working on Shawmut Avenue from City Pump Station to Nash Rd, installing force main.