The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of May 2, 2016 – May 7, 2016 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- The roadway closure at Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta will remain closed. Please follow detour signs. Use caution.
Coggeshall St Sewer Separation:
- Contractor will be installing water main piping on Belleville Ave at the Coggeshall St Intersection.
- MASSDOT working under Route 6 over pass at McArthur Drive. Road narrows at location.
- MASSDOT working on I-195 over Rt 18 for bridge deck repairs.
- Contractor to replace the existing Transmission main piping and valves at the Shawmut Ave and Old Plainville Rd intersection.
- Hydrant flushing in the far North end of the city, Tarklin Hill Northerly. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.