The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of October 27, 2014 – October 31, 2014 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Route 6, Route 140 & Brownell Avenue Project:
- Remove and reset existing curb, installing new granite curb. Also, pouring cement concrete sidewalks on Brownell Ave & Route 6. Temporary lane closures. Please follow Detours in place.
- Water Division: The hydrant program will be in operation from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. Due to opening and closing of gate valves and the reverse flowing of water, there may be temporary water discoloration. Flushing will be within the area of Union St southerly to Allen St.
- Contactor working on miscellaneous items throughout project limits on Hathaway Blvd between Parker St to Rockdale Ave.
- Pouring cement concrete foundations for traffic signals mast arms. Removing and resetting curb. Also, excavating and grading for cement sidewalk and wheel chair ramps at the Intersection of Shawmut Ave and Hathaway Rd.
- Installation of LED Lights City wide.
- Installing water and drainage on Liberty St at Harrington Park.
- Excavating and grading Portland St between Brock Ave and East Rodney French Blvd.
- Install granite curb on entrance to Brooklawn park near the library at Irvington St. Also, installing granite curb.
- Excavating and grading roadway at intersection of Maple St and Chancery St.
- Installing erosion controls and bridge repair work. Detour signs will be placed. Within City of New Bedford limits Interstate 195.