The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of June 26, 2017 – July 1, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Hemlock Street at Rockdale Avenue
- Hemlock Street between Rockdale Avenue and Swift Street
- Smith Street between Chestnut Street and Walden Street
- Walden Street between Smith Street and Hillman Street
- Orchard Street at Bedford Street
Eversource will be paving trenches at following locations:
- Austin Street
- Trinity Street
- Babbitt Street
- Fruit Street
- Maple Street
- Hollyhock Street
- Field Street
- Katherine Street
- The contractor is scheduled to complete final curb to curb paving on Coggeshall St east of Mitchell St to the Fairhaven Bridge on Sunday night (6/25) beginning at 8pm and completing work prior to 4 AM on Monday Morning. The Contractor will also be completing the final paving at the Mitchell St and Sawyer St Intersection. One lane of traffic may be detoured at times via Sawyer St and Veterans Memorial way. There will be signage posted and police details to assist motorist. The work is weather dependent and may be adjusted due to rain events.
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous areas in the city.
- Contractors will be working on Cove walk entrances.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 south of Walnut St to Cove Road on road reconstruction.
- Contractor will be reconstructing parking lot area at Hazelwood Park
- Contractor will be reconstructing basketball court at Pine Hill Park.
- Hydrant flushing on dead ends in the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- City of New Bedford will be installing water and electric at Dog Park on Greenwood St and Hathaway Blvd.