The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
February 19th, 2018 – February 23rd, 2018 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Purchase St. from at Wing St.
- State St. at Willis St.
- Homer St. at Parker St.
- Austin St. at Cedar St.
No work on Monday, February 19, 2018 in observance of President’s Day.
- Beginning Tuesday, February 20, 2018, the contractor will be installing the new sewer main along Union St between Acushnet Ave and Purchase St.
- Union St. between Acushnet Ave and Pleasant St. may be closed to traffic or reduced to one lane during working hours.
- All businesses will remain open and accessible. The scheduled work hours are 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Traffic signage will be posted and police detail officers will be on-site to assist with traffic management.
- The contractor will also complete drain and sewer piping in the Purchase St. and Acushnet Ave. intersections.
Lead Service Replacement Project:
- There is no road work scheduled for next week
City of New Bedford:
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous base throughout the city.