The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of April 24, 2017 – April 29, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- County Street between Maxfield Street and Pearl Street
- Bedford Street between County Street and Borden Street
- Orchard Street between Arnold Street and Hawthorn Street
- Thompson Street between Orchard Street and Bolton Street.
- Contractor will be cold planing and paving the following locations:
- Hemlock Street between Swift Street and Thompson Street
- Briggs Street between Fair Street and Rivet Street
- Fair Street between 165 Fair Street and Sears Street
- Sears Street between Washington street to Fair Street
- Washington Street
- Street sweeping program will begin on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 and Thursday May 4, 2017 on all streets between Coggeshall Street to Dean Street and Ashley Blvd to Belleville Ave between the hours of 8am- 12pm. No parking signs will be posted and parking ban will apply.
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items on the Cove Walk between West Rodney French Blvd. and Cove Rd
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous areas in the city.
- Contractor will be working on Coggeshall between Purchase Street and Acushnet Avenue on drainage.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 south of Walnut St to Cove Road on drainage.
- MassDot will be working on drainage on Route 18 south bound by Fairhaven bridge exit and 195 off ramp near Coggeshall Street.
- Hydrant flushing on dead ends in the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.