The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of November 30, 2015 – December 4, 2015 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items through out the project.
- The roadway closure at Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta will remain closed. Please follow detour signs. Use caution.
Coggeshall Street sewer separation project
- Contractor will be installing sewer main piping along Coggeshall St westerly from the Belleville Ave Intersection. There will be access to the businesses on Coggeshall St between North Front St and Belleville Ave.
- Contractor will continue installing water & sewer service connections along Jean St between Sawyer St and Coggeshall St.
- Sawyer St will be closed at Belleville Ave and Mitchell St, to thru traffic between 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Traffic will be detoured along Belleville Ave to Coggeshall St. Police details will be on-site and detour signs in place.
- Contractor will continue construction of the cast-in-place concrete drain structure. As well as, installing drain pipe at the Sawyer St and Mitchell St intersection.
- Contractor will be replacing water main and valves at the Ashley Blvd and Dean St Intersection.
- Contractor will be working at rail road crossing on Nash Rd between Mt.Pleasant St and Church St.
- Contractor will complete water main connections along Tarklin Hill Rd at the intersections of Lawrence St, Hawes, and Worcester St. Contractor will also, be resotring and paving the work areas listed above.
- The contractor will begin removing temporary water by-pass piping.
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items on Irvington Court between Acushnet Ave and Irvington St.
- Contractor will be working on Nye St pocket park at North-East corner of Acushnet Ave & Nye St.
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the Octopus Intersection. (Sixth St, Pleasant St, Mill St, Kempton St.)
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items on Margin St between Cove Rd and Cove St.
- Contractor will be excavating, grading and paving binder course on Almy St from Acushnet Ave to End.
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items on Bristol St between Acushnet Ave and Bartlett St.