The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of May 29, 2017 – June 3, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
Union Street Project:
- The Contractor is scheduled to excavate test pits along Union St between Acushnet Ave and Sixth St on Tuesday May 30th and continuing until Friday June 2nd.
- The Contractor is also scheduled to install sewer connections at the Union St/Johnny Cake Hill Intersection and at the Union St/ Second St Intersection.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane at times while this work is completed.
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Bedford Street between Orchard Street and Cottage Street
- County Street between Willis Street and Pearl Street
- Smith Street between County Street and Cottage Street
- Green Street between Bedford Street and Allen Street
- Orchard Street at Thompson Street
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous areas in the city.
- Contractor will be working on Coggeshall between Purchase Street and Acushnet Avenue on drainage.
- Contractors will be working on Cove walk entrances.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 south of Walnut St to Cove Road on drainage.
- Contractor will be reconstructing parking lot area at Hazelwood Park
- Contractor will be reconstructing basketball court at Pine Hill Park.
- MassDot will be working on landscaping and pavement markings on Route 18 south bound by Fairhaven bridge exit and 195 off ramp near Coggeshall Street.
- Hydrant flushing on dead ends in the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- City of New Bedford will be installing water main on Forbes Street from Acushnet Avenue to end of street.
- City of New Bedford will be starting excavation on Dog Park on Greenwood St and Hathaway Blvd.
- City will be conduction dike pre- inspection on Thursday, June 1, 2017 and Inspection on Monday, June 12, 2017; this will cause a temporary street closure of Cove Road at Padanaram Avenue and West Rodney French Blvd at East Rodney French Blvd.