The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of May 30, 2016 – June 4, 2016 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- The roadway closure at Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta will remain closed. Please follow detour signs. Use caution.
Coggeshall St Sewer Separation:
- The Contractor will begin installing the drain along Coggeshall St between Veterans Memorial Way and the New Bedford /Fairhaven Bridge.
- The Contractor is to complete various trench paving along Coggeshall St between Howard St and Belleville Avenue.
- The Contractor is also scheduled to complete various trench paving along Coggeshall St between Howard St and Belleville Avenue.
- MASSDOT working under Route 6 over pass at McArthur Drive. Road narrows at location.
- Contractor to be working on miscellaneous items on Irvington Ct. from Acushnet Ave to Irvington St.
- Contractor to be working on miscellaneous items on Margin St. from Cove St. to Cove Rd.
- The Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items on Jean St.
- Hydrant flushing in the North end of the city from Tarklin Hill Rd. to Coggeshall St. and from Belleville Ave to Church St. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- The Contractor will be replacing transmission water main valves and piping at the Old Plainville Rd and Mount Pleasant St Intersection. The Contractor will also be connecting homes in this general area to the temporary water main by-pass piping.
- Hydrant flushing south of Hathaway Rd from Shawmut Ave westerly. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- Contractor will be building the Cove Walk between West Rodney French Blvd. and Cove Rd.