The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of September 22, 2014 – September 26, 2014 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Route 6, Route 140 & Brownell Avenue Project:
- Remove and reset existing curb. Also, install new granite curb on Brownell Ave & Route 6 temporary lane closures. Please follow Detours in place.
- Water Division: The hydrant program will be in operation from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. Due to opening and closing of gate valves and the reverse flowing of water, there may be temporary water discoloration. Flushing will be the in the area of Old Plainville Rd between New Plainville Rd to Nash Rd.
- City installing water main on Clifford St between Ashley Blvd & Brook St.
- Excavate and install cement concrete sidewalks and driveways, on Howard Avenue between Acushnet Ave and Belleville Ave.
- Excavating and grading Hathaway Blvd between Parker St and Rockdale Ave.
- Install conduits for traffic signals at the Intersection of Shawmut Ave and Hathaway Rd.
- Installation of LED Lights City wide.