The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of April 27, 2015 – May 1, 2015 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
New Bedford / Fairhaven Bridge:
- Please be aware of detours and traffic delays, follow signs posted.
Route 6, Route 140 & Brownell Avenue Project:
- Working on traffic lights at the intersection of Brownell Ave & Route 6.
- Installing median barrier on Route 140 north of Route 6.
Water Service Shut Off for All Past Due accounts:
- The Water Division of DPI has issued letters of notification of past due amounts. To avoid Shut Off please make your payment no later than April 27, 2015.
- Contractor will be installing drainage structures and electric conduits on Acushnet Ave between Sawyer St. and Holly St.
Herman Melville Boulevard:
- Contractor will be repairing an existing force main on Herman Melville Blvd. between Wamsutta St. and Hervey Tichon Avenue. Please follow all detour signs.
Route 6 & Kempton Street:
- Removal of Route 6 Pedestrian Overpass Bridge. Work will occur overnight on Sunday April 27, 2015.
Route 18 Construction:
- Installation of BR2 railings on Route 18 from Union Street to Route 6 on-ramp on the north bound side.
- Installation of LED Lights City wide.
- Greenwood St from Hathaway blvd to Summit St excavation of soils. Section of road will be closed. Please follow detour signs.
- City of New Bedford, Department of Public Infrastructure will be replacing water main on McArthur Dr between Elm St and Front St.
- Hydrant flushing in the far north end of the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- P. A. Landers will be working on large street patches throughout the City.