The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
August 14, 2017 – August 18, 2017 and they are as follows:
The City of New Bedford – Department of Public Infrastructure
Acushnet Ave & Wamsutta St Railroad Bridge:
- Contractor will be working on miscellaneous items throughout the project.
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Swift St between Dartmouth St. and Bolton St.
- Bonney St between Washington St. to Allen St.
- Cove St. between S. First St. to Mcgurk St.
- Sherman St. between Bonney St. to County St.
- The Contractor will continue the installation of the new drain pipe and water main along Union St between Acushnet Ave and Pleasant St
- Union St. may be closed between Acushnet Ave and Purchase St during construction. All businesses will remain open and accessible. The schedule work hours are 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Traffic signage will be posted and police detail officers will be on-site to assist with trafficmanagement
- Contractor will be working on paving miscellaneous areas in the city.
- Contractors will be working on Cove walk entrances.
- The Contractor is scheduled to replacement of the water transmission main vale at the South Second St and Griffin Court intersection.
- Contractor will be working on Route 18 south of Walnut St to Cove Road on road reconstruction.
- Contractor will be reconstructing basketball court at Pine Hill Park.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Birchwood Drive between Phillips Road to Longview Rd.
- Contractor will continue road reconstruction on Hemlock St between Rockdale Ave to Town line.
- Hydrant flushing on dead ends in the city. This may cause a temporary loss of water pressure.
- City of New Bedford will be working at Dog Park on Greenwood St and Hathaway Blvd.
- City of New Bedford will be installing Drainage at the Intersection of Leroy St and Morton Ave.