|Traffic Commission and Parking Clerk
Exec. Sec., Traffic Commission & Parking Clerk
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of parking signs, stop signs, etc., as ordered by vote of the Traffic commission.
- To erect street signs as required.
- Painting of center pavement lines on city streets and meter parking spacing.
- Installation, maintenance, repair and collection of parking meters and deposit of money collected.
- Selling of parking stickers, collection of parking fees for the Elm Street Garage and Kerwin Parking Facility and the depositing of monies collected.
Parking Ticket Department:
- Responsible for the collection of parking fines and deposits of fine money.
- To conduct hearings to ascertain the payment/non-payment of parking ticket fines.
- To issue "certified" releases for parking fines when tickets have been placed in a "marked" status at the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
51 Elm Street - New Bedford, MA 02740 - Tel: 508-979-1766 - Fax: 508-979-1716