Election Officials Announce New Polling Locations Ahead of Sept. 6 Primary
New Bedford, Massachusetts – The City’s Board of Election Commissioners has announced new and changed polling locations ahead of the primary election Sept. 6.
The new locations for voters are the result of redistricting following the 2020 U.S. Census and changes to state legislation last fall. The changes and additions to local polling locations will be effective for all elections, starting with the Sept. 6 primary.
Changes are as follows:
- Newly created sub-precinct WARD 1 PRECINCT A-1 will vote at Normandin Middle School, 81 Felton St., via the Orleans Street entrance.
- WARD 1 PRECINCT B and newly created sub-precinct WARD 1 PRECINCT B-1 will now vote at CareOne New Bedford Nursing Facility, 221 Fitzgerald Drive
- Newly created sub-precinct WARD 1 PRECINCT C-1 will vote at Campbell Elementary School, 145 Essex St., at Phillips Road & Morton Avenue
- Newly created sub-precinct WARD 3 PRECINCT F-1 will vote at Bayberry Apartments, 151 Oakdale St.
- Newly created sub-precinct WARD 4 PRECINCT A-1 will vote at Boa Vista, 134 South Second St.
- WARD 5 PRECINCT A and WARD 5 PRECINCT B will now vote at the Kennedy Donovan Center at 385 County St., due to continuing construction at the Kennedy Youth Center (CYO).
Any New Bedford resident who is uncertain about their voting status or designated polling location; has changed their address since the last election; or has questions about mail-in, absentee, or early voting can call the Board of Election Commissioners at (508) 979-1420.
Early Voting (information previously released)
Early voting for the state primary will take place from Saturday, Aug. 27, through Friday, Sept. 2. In-person early voting will be available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day on the third floor of the Main Public Library, at 613 Pleasant St. downtown.
State Primary Election Early Voting in Person
August 27 – September 2, 2022
Main Public Library – 613 Pleasant St., 3rd Floor
|Saturday||Aug. 27||8 AM – 4 PM|
|Sunday||Aug. 28||8 AM – 4 PM|
|Monday||Aug. 29||8 AM – 4 PM|
|Tuesday||Aug. 30||8 AM – 4 PM|
|Wednesday||Aug. 31||8 AM – 4 PM|
|Thursday||Sept. 1||8 AM – 4 PM|
|Friday||Sept. 2||8 AM – 4 PM|
Polls citywide will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Primary Election Day, Sept. 6.
Voters can cast votes in primary races for Governor; Lieutenant Governor; Attorney General; Secretary of State; Treasurer; Auditor; 9th District Representative in Congress; 1st District Governor’s Councillor; 2nd Bristol & Plymouth District Senator in General Court; 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 13th District Representative in General Court; District Attorney Bristol County; Sheriff Bristol County; Bristol County Commissioner; and Bristol County Register of Deeds.
The voter registration and change of address deadline is 5 p.m. Saturday, August 27, in the City’s Election Commission Office, Room 114, City Hall, 133 William St. If you have a Massachusetts driver’s license or state ID card, you can register to vote, update your address, and check your registration information online at: www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr/