New Bedford to begin annual street sweeping program
New Bedford, Massachusetts– The Department of Public Infrastructure will conduct a major street sweeping program in the city, including a parking ban on designated sides of the street as listed below. The program will run from April 4 through November 1.
The street sweeping will operate on a bi-weekly schedule, at the following locations:
Street sweeping will occur on Thursdays from midnight to 6 a.m.
FIRST and THIRD Thursday of the month:
– Dartmouth Street (from Matthew Street to Allen Street)
– Kempton Street (from Rockdale Avenue to Sixth Street)
– Mill Street (from County Street to Rockdale Avenue)
– Rivet Street (from Route 18 to Hemlock Street)
– Cove Road (from Brock Avenue to the Dartmouth town line)
– Cove Street (from East Rodney French Boulevard to County Street)
– Route 18 (from Cove Road to Cove Street)
SECOND and FOURTH Thursday of the month:
– County Street (from Rivet Street to Cove Street)
– Ashley Boulevard (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
– Acushnet Avenue (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Sreet)
– North Front Street (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
Failure to follow the posted street sweeping signs will result in vehicles being towed. During this timeframe, parking will be prohibited within the posted areas to allow sweepers full access to the curb line. These focused areas of sweeping are in addition to the regular, weekly scheduled street sweeping on the city’s main thoroughfares. Anyone with questions may contact James Costa of the Department of Public Infrastructure at 508-979-1550 ext. 67344.