City of New Bedford employment opportunities
CLICK HERE FOR JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- The City of New Bedford has a residency requirement per the City Code of Ordinances. Employees are required to be New Bedford residents at the time of appointment or will be subject to a 10% reduction in pay unless a specific waiver has been granted with specific approval of the Mayor and the City Council. Union employees are subject to the confines of the individual collective bargaining agreements.
- As a condition of employment, a candidate must pass a pre-employment physical examination administered by a physician appointed by the City, including drug screening.
- The City also conducts a mandatory Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check prior to a candidate beginning employment.
NOTE FROM THE CITY OF NEW BEDFORD
- Effective September 13, 2021, applications must be completed electronically through our online portal. Electronic applications will automatically be forwarded through the online portal to the respective departments for review.
- Vacancies are posted for fifteen days unless otherwise indicated. If a department has not found a suitable candidate within that period of time, the City will extend or repost the position.
New Bedford Port Authority Employment Opportunity
Director of Policy & External Affairs