INFORMATION WHEN APPLYING FOR A CITY POSITION
Must include your “Last Name – Position” in the subject line of the email
- The City of New Bedford has a residency requirement. Employees are required to be residents of the City of New Bedford at the time of appointment, unless a specific waiver has been granted by the City Council with approval of the Mayor.
- Click on each position title listed below to view the complete job description. Interested candidates click here to download and complete the City of New Bedford’s application.
- Applications are to be emailed to Applicant@newbedford-ma.gov or mailed to, Personnel Department, City Hall Room 212, 133 William Street, New Bedford, Ma 02740. However, if you have a disability that requires additional assistance, please email or contact us at 508-979-1444. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the department(s).
- As a condition of employment the City of New Bedford will conduct a Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information, once an offer has been accepted.
- Applicants are required to pass a pre-employment physical examination administered by a physician appointed by the City of New Bedford.
NOTE FROM THE CITY OF NEW BEDFORD
- The City of New Bedford is continuing to accept applications for open positions. Our response time may be delayed due to the City responding to the evolving COVID-19 situation. We encourage you to submit all applications by email to Applicant@newbedford-ma.gov. All communication in regards to applications will be done through email. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- Effective, November 9, 2020, all positions are posted for 15 days, unless otherwise determined a more appropriate time. Employment applications will then be sent to the department and given the opportunity to review. If a suitable candidate is not found the City will repost the position.
Employment Opportunities for the city of new bedford
*All positions opened until filled unless otherwise noted
|Position Title||Department||Salary||Closing Date|
|Administrative Coordinator||Public Infrastructure||$48,768 – $60,965||01/29/2021|
|After School Program Monitor||Parks, Recreation & Beaches||$14.00 – $16.00 / hr||01/29/2021|
|Airport Technician||Airport||$19.49 – $27.21 / hr||*|
|Assistant City Planner||Planning||$68,615 – $85,776 / yr||*|
|Branch Manager (Howland Green)||Library||$61,649 – $76,304||*|
|City Planner||Planning||$86,625 – $108,290 / yr||*|
|Conservation Agent||Environmental Stewardship||$68,615 – $85,776 / yr||*|
|Diesel Engine Repairperson||DFFM||$19.49 – $27.21 / hr||*|
|Domestic Violence Advocate-Nights (Variable Time)||Police||$15.00 / hr||*|
|Emergency Medical Technician (Variable Time)||Emergency Medical Services||$16.37 / hr||*|
|Emergency Medical Technician||Emergency Medical Services||$16.37 – $19.50 / hr||*|
|Emergency Telecommunications Dispatcher||Police||$18.83 – $26.29 / hr||*|
|Financial Assistant II||Treasurers||$17.17 – $23.99||*|
|Intern Coordinator||Police||$697.99 / wk||*|
|Library Assistant (Part-Time)||Library||$17.38 / hr||*|
|Local Building Inspector (Vacant Building Fund)||Inspectional Services||$19.99 – $27.90 / hr||*|
|Paramedic (Variable Time)||Emergency Medical Services||$24.41 / hr||*|
|Park Maintenance Worker||Zoo||$16.23 – $22.65 /hr||*|
|Plumbing & Gas Fitting Inspector||Inspectional Services||$19.02 – $26.55 / hr||*|
|Police Cadet||Police||$12.00 – $14.52 / hr||*|
|Project Manager Temporary – Emergency||Fire||$21.00 /hr||*|
|Recovery Coach||Health/Police||$17.17 – $23.99 / hr||*|
|Staff Planner||Planning||$50,719 – $63,404 / yr||*|
|Van Driver||Community services||$16.23 / hr||*|
|Water System Maintenance Person||Public Infrastructure||$16.43 – $22.95 / hr||*|
New Bedford Port Authority
Applications are available at www.portofnewbedford.org and should be submitted to the New Bedford Port Authority at 123 MacArthur Drive, New Bedford, MA 02740.