|Click on the tabs above for more information|
• Voters of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts approved a ballot initiative which legalizes the sale of marijuana throughout the Commonwealth.
- • The New Bedford City Council establishes a Cannabis Committee.
• The Commonwealth of Massachusetts establishes the Cannabis Control Commission (CCC).
• Finalized state regulations are approved on March 9, 2018. The CCC is scheduled to begin accepting applications on April 1, 2018.
• September 13, City Council approves zoning for recreational marijuana facilities.
• The New Bedford City Council adopts a moratorium on the sale of marijuana within the City to run through September 30, 2018.
• On October 29, 2018 application materials for both Host Community Agreement (HCA) Process and Special Permit (SP) Process are made available at City Hall, Office of Planning, Room 303, 133 William Street, New Bedford.