Please contact Mr. (Nick) Nanopoulos at the Office of the Licensing Board prior to preparing an application for a “new” liquor license, a transfer of an existing liquor license, or for filing an amendment (change) to an existing license, so that he may instruct you as to how to proceed in preparing your liquor license applications, which are now required to be filed electronically as of 08/22/16. Please do not submit your application to the ABCC for approval until such a time as this office has an opportunity to review your application.
FAILING TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING DELAYED FOR APPROVAL.
Timeliness of Filing:
Applications for licenses to sell alcoholic beverages or changes thereto, must be e-filed (See Link Below) at least Sixteen (16) business days prior to a scheduled meeting.
All required documents and payments that must be submitted to the City of New Bedford Licensing Board, as noted on this page, must be submitted immediately to the Licensing Board Office, upon E-Filing your application to the ABCC.
All e-filings, with all the required information inputted and supporting documentation attached, must be deemed complete by the Director of the Licensing Board twelve (12) business days prior to a scheduled meeting in order to be placed on that month’s agenda. If these deadlines are not met, the application will not be placed on that month’s agenda. Instead, it will be placed on the agenda for the following month.
Please note the following terminology that is found in the new e-filing Application:
- “Contacts” – In eLicensing, all individuals and organizations that are connected to an Alcoholic Beverages Application are identified as different types of “Contacts.”
- Application Contact (replaces the “Contact Person”): This is the person who is filling out the application and will be contacted with questions regarding the application.
- Manager Contact (replaces the “Manager of Record”): This is the Manager of Record for the licensee or proposed licensee.
- Business Contact (replaces the LICENSEE): The Business Contact section IS the licensee. The name on the business contact should be the name of the licensee. This is generally the corporate name, though it can be a sole proprietor.
- Beneficial Interest Contacts (replaces any person or entity with interest in the license or proposed license)
- Beneficial Interest – Individual Form (replaces the Personal Information Form): One Beneficial Interest – Individual Form should be completed for every person with a direct interest (financial or not) in the license/proposed license AND/OR any individual with an indirect interest in the license/proposed license. An indirect interest in defined as having an interest in a parent company, but not directly in the licensee.
- Beneficial Interest – Organization Form: One Beneficial Interest Organization Form should be completed for every organization that has a direct or indirect interest in the license/proposed license.
The Following Must Be Submitted Immediately to The Licensing Board Office Upon E-Filing Your Application to the ABCC (Please Review Carefully):
$125.00 (New Fee Effective 08/15/16) – Must Be Paid By Check Payable to the City of New Bedford.
(Required For All Applications)
|$190.00 – An Advertisement Fee Must Be Submitted By Check Payable to the Standard Times.
This payment is required for the following transactions:
| Request for Abutters List link (If required, please contact this office for a copy of the “ad” to mail.)
The following transactions require an abutters list with those listed to be notified by “Certified Mail”:
| Business Plan Link
The following transactions require a “Business Plan”:
|Transfer Agreement Link
The following transaction requires a “Transfer Agreement”:
|Copy Of Your Business Certificate – May Be Obtained From the City Clerk’s Office o Room 118
The following transactions require Business Certificate, if the license name has a d/b/a (Doing Business As):
|$200.00 – Must be submitted by E-PAY through EPlace Portal
This payment must be submitted immediately, once a hearing is held on the application and is approved by the New Bedford Licensing Board; your pending application cannot be released to the ABCC for consideration until this payment is made.