City of New Bedford employment opportunities
CLICK HERE FOR JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- The City of New Bedford has a residency requirement per the City Code of Ordinances. Employees are required to be New Bedford residents at the time of appointment or will be subject to a 10% reduction in pay unless a specific waiver has been granted with specific approval of the Mayor and the City Council. Union employees are subject to the confines of the individual collective bargaining agreements.
- As a condition of employment, a candidate must pass a pre-employment physical examination administered by a physician appointed by the City, including drug screening.
- The City also conducts a mandatory Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check prior to a candidate beginning employment.
NOTE FROM THE CITY OF NEW BEDFORD
- Effective September 13, 2021, applications must be completed electronically through our online portal. Electronic applications will automatically be forwarded through the online portal to the respective departments for review.
- Vacancies are posted for fifteen days unless otherwise indicated. If a department has not found a suitable candidate within that period of time, the City will extend or repost the position.
Fulltime, Part Time, Year-Round, Seasonal, Entry Level, Supervisory Opportunities
Join our Team!
Click each job below to apply
STEP Program Monitor Supervisor, STEP Program Monitor
Parking Lot Supervisor, Parking Lot Asst. Supervisor, Parking Lot Attendants
Waterfront Supervisor, Asst. Waterfront Supervisor, Head Lifeguard, Lifeguards
KSDP Director, KSDP Asst. Director, KSDP Nurse, KSPD Group Leader, KSDP Counselor
Play in the Park Staff Site Monitor, Play in the Park Staff Site Supervisor
Click here for Fire Fighters Exam Information