Traffic Commission/Parking Clerk
The Traffic Commission is the regulatory body that votes on the installation of signage and traffic issues set forth for ratification in accordance with safety regulations.
The Traffic Commission is responsible for:
- Notice of meetings for the Traffic Commission, keeps journal, produces minutes of its proceedings and certifies all actions of the Commission are completed in a timely fashion, serving as the custodian of records.
- The installation and maintenance of all signage as ordered by vote of the Traffic Commission.
- Maintenance of “T” and “L” painting in reference to parking spaces in accordance to metered parking spots.
- Installation, maintenance, repair and collection of meters. Selling and collection of monies for monthly parking passes for both Elm and Zeiterion Garages.
- Issuance of Resident parking passes with verification of zone residency.
- Responsible for the collection and deposit of monies for parking violation fines and penalties.
- To conduct hearings to ascertain the responsibilities of said violator and determination of financial obligation.
- To provide a “certified “ release of violations with a “marked” status at the Registry of Motor Vehicles, only after all financial obligations have been met in accordance with office policies.