(Camp Kennedy information starts at 2:57)
Welcome to Kennedy summer day program!
The Kennedy Summer Day Program (KSDP) provides children from families across the city with the opportunity to access a high-quality summer camp type experience at an extremely reduced rate. This program offers the full-range of services by providing daily transportation to and from camp, serving a healthy nutritious breakfast and lunch while providing a safe, educational and enjoyable summer experience to children.
- Program is offered 8 weeks in the summer (4 sessions-2 weeks/session)
- Open to students entering ages 5-14 (125 max participants.)
- Participants are divided into smaller age appropriate groups (Grades 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7, 8 & 9).
- Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) program offered to pre-teen participants
- Activities include swimming, structured free play, playground and physical activity periods, arts and crafts, STEAM activities, and more!
- Free breakfast and lunch daily
- Free transportation to and from program
Resident Rate: $255.00 per two-week session
Non-Resident Rate: $500 per two-week session
Scholarship: Scholarships are available to residents only. A limited amount will be offered to eligible families at $140.00 per scholarship. (Cost would be $115.00 per session)
How to Register:
1.) Go to www.NBPRB.com
2.) Hover over the “Account” tab and either log in or “create an account”
3.) Hover over the “Quick Links” Tab and select “Programs”
4.) Scroll to the Kenney Summer Day Category and select your desired session
5.) Follow the prompts and check out!
The City of New Bedford Parks Recreation & Beaches Department has developed a scholarship program
for New Bedford residents requesting financial assistance to participate in recreation department
programming. New Bedford residents who meet the qualification and income requirements listed below,
as well as contribute a minimum of $115 towards each program fee, are eligible to apply. Please review
the eligibility criteria and guidelines listed on the Scholarship Application Form. At this time, scholarships are available
only to those between the ages of 5-14 years old and only for a two-week session.
- New Bedford National Whaling Historical Park
- New Bedford Art Museum ArtMobile
- New Bedford Public Library Bookmobile
- New Bedford Military Museum
- Buzzards Bay Coalition
- Community Boating Center
- Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries
- Mass Audubon
Summer 2023 registration begins February 14th, 2023!