The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
January 6,2020 – January 10, 2020 and they are as follows:
- Willis St at Veterans Memorial Home (services)
- Contractor working at the railroad crossing in roadway shoulder on Tarkiln Hill Road. Police detail and signage on site for temporary lane shift of traffic.
- Contractor working on concrete sidewalk repairs throughout the City.
- Contractor to repair sewer manhole on Valentine St between West Rodney French Blvd and Brock Ave. Street closure does apply. Please follow detour.
- Contractor will begin water and sewer replacement along Cottage St between Sycamore St and Parker St. The roadway may be reduced to one lane. Cottage St may be closed and open to local traffic only at times during working hours. There will be detour signage, police details and traffic controls in place.
- Contractor is scheduled to continue construction of the new pumping station and installation of the site utilities at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St. between JFK Memorial Highway (Route 18) and Macarthur Drive will be closed to westbound traffic. Westbound traffic will be detoured via MacArthur Dr. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
- Contractor will continue scheduling appointments and will have technicians visiting various locations throughout the city to replace meters and meter interface units (meter readers). There will be no traffic controls for this work.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Please see the City of New Bedford website for additional street closings due to Special Events.
- Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.