The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of
March 30 ,2020 –April 03, 2020 and they are as follows:
Eversource will replace the gas mains at the following locations: There will be no services tied into the new mains until after April 1, 2020 as a precaution of the winter season.
- Hatch St. from Acushnet Ave. to Belleville Ave.
- Hathaway Rd. from Valley View Dr. to Rockdale Ave.
- Sycamore St. from Summer St. to Pleasant St.
- Foster St. from Maxfield St. to North St.
- South Front St. from 460 S. Front St. to Gifford St.
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.
- Contractor working at Hazelwood Park for new power supply and upgrades to parking lot lighting.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Please see the City of New Bedford website for additional street closings due to Special Events.
- Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.
- The Contractor will continue work to relocate the existing water transmission main at the Tarkiln Hill Rd/Kings Highway rail crossing. There will be temporary lane closures at times during construction. Police details will assist with traffic management and signage will be posted.
- The contractor will be cleaning wastewater piping the Herman Meleville Area.
- Contractor will continue water and sewer replacement along Cottage St., between Parker St. and Maxfield St. During working hours, Cottage St. may be closed to thru traffic with access for local traffic only. Southbound traffic will be detoured via Pope St., Parker St. or Willis Street. North bound traffic will be detoured via Smith St., Sycamore St. or Maxfield St. Detour signage, police details and traffic controls will be in place.
- Contractor is scheduled to continue construction of the new pumping station and installation of the site utilities at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St, between JFK Memorial Highway (RTE 18) and Mcarthur will be closed to westbound traffic. WB Traffic will be detoured via MacArthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
*** Please note contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocols regarding COVID-19