The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
June 17, 2019 -June 21, 2019 and they are as follows:
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
o Tarklin Hill from Church St. to Worcester St
o Hazard Ct from County St. to Purchase St.
o Holyoke St from Hawes St. to Lowell St
o County St. a t David Ct.
o Lawrence St. from Holyoke St. to Lynne St.
o Pleasant St. from Spring St. to School St.
o Menton St from Ashley Blvd to Lowell St.
- Contractor scheduled to work at RTE 18 and Cove St to Griffin Court. Police detail will direct traffic for lane closures and signage will be posted for sidewalk closures.
- Contractor to begin road construction on Madison St. from County St. to Orchard St. weather permitting.
- Contractor to work at the railroad crossing on Tarklin Hill Road. Two-way street lane shift. Police detail and signage will be on site.
- Contractor to be reconstructing basketball court at Brooklawn Park.
- Contractor to continue work reconstruction of Dias Baseball Field
- Contractor to be paving large roadway patches throughout the City.
- The Contractor is scheduled to replace lead water services along Tobey St, Nash Rd,
Earle St, Ashley Blvd, Davis St, ONeko Lane,Coffin Ave, Deane St,and Holly St.
- The contract will continue water main replacement along Valentine St between Brock
Ave and W. Rodney French Blvd.
- Traffic may be reduced to one lane at times. It may also be necessary in some areas to close streets and detour traffic. Police details will direct traffic and signage will be
- The Contractor will continue scheduling appointments and will have technicians visiting various locations throughout the city to replace meters and meter interface units (meter readers). Monday- Saturday (07:00 to 16:00). There will be no tra ffic control for this work.
- The Contractor is scheduled to continue site work and utility insta llation at the Front St/ Elm St site and at the Merrimac St and Purchase St intersection. Elm St between JFK Memorial Highway (Route 18) and Macarthur Drive will be open to east bound traffic
II 05 Shawmut Avenue, New Bedford, MA 02746 Telephone 508-979-1550 Fax 1-508-961-3054
only. Westbound traffic will be detoured via Macarthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be line painting on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Please see the City of New Bedford website for additional street closings due to Special
New Bedford, Massachusetts- The Department of Public Infrastructure will conduct a major street sweeping progra m in the city, including a parking ban on designated sides of
the street as listed below. The program will run from April 4 through November 1.
The street sweeping will operate on a bi–weekly schedule,at the following locations:
Street sweeping will occur on Thursdays from midnight to 6 a.m.
FIRST and THIRD Thursda y of the month:
- Dartmouth Street (from Matthew Street to Allen Street)
- Kempton Street (from Rockdale Avenue to Sixth Street)
- Mill Street (from County Street to Rockdale Avenue)
- Rivet Street (from Route 18 to Hemlock Street)
- Cove Road (from Brock Avenue to the Dartmouth town line)
- Cove Street (from East Rodney French Boulevard to County Street)
- Route 18 (from Cove Road to Cove Street)
SECOND and FOURTH Thursday of the month:
- County Street (from Rivet Street to Cove Street)
- Ashley Boulevard (from Nash R oad to Coggeshall Street)
- Acushnet Avenue (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
- North Front Street (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
Failure to follow the posted street sweeping signs will result in vehicles being towed. During this timeframe, parking will be prohibited within the posted areas to allow sweepers full access to the curb line. These focused areas of sweeping are in a ddition to the regular, weekly scheduled street sweeping on the city’s main thoroughfares. Anyone with questions may contact James Costa of the Department of Public Infrastructure at 508-979-1550 ext. 67344.