The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of
February 19, 2024 – February 23, 2024, and they are as follows:
City offices will be closed on Monday, February 19th in observance of Presidents’ Day
Eversource will be working on gas main relays and services on:
- Main relay on Acushnet Ave from Phillips Rd to Fox St
- Main relay on Central Ave from Church St to Brook St
- Main relay on Central Ave from Acushnet Ave to Ashley Blvd
- Main relay on County St from Cove St to Mosher St
- Main relay on Hicks St from Acushnet Ave to N Front St
- Main relay on Jouvette St from County St to Crapo St
- Main relay on W Rodney French Blvd from Calumet St to Bayview St
- MassDOT will be staging installation and beam end cleaning and concrete encasements at I-195 East and West bound lanes over Purchase St, County St and State St work is scheduled during the overnight hours starting and is scheduled until May 31st of 2024. Work will take place Sundays to Thursdays. Police will be on site for detour and safety setups.
- MassDOT will be closing street highway ramps overnight from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM for the following locations to conduct bridge work for the pedestrian walk across RT 18. Work will being on Tuesday, February 20th – Acushnet Ave, Wednesday, February 21st – Route 18 North Bound, Thursday, February 22nd – Route 18 South Bound, Sunday, February 25th – Route 18 South Bound or Purchase St ramps and Monday, February 26th – Purchase Street ramp.
- Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
- Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future pedestrian bridge across Route 18 impacting parking along Purchase Street between Willis Street and Pearl Street and at the Division of Career Services on Acushnet Avenue. Temporary detours may be in place pending construction activities occurring. If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
Project: Lead Service Line Replacement Program Phase II General Contractor: C. Naughton Corp. (Monday-Friday 7:00am -5:00pm)
- The contractor will be working Lead Service Line Replacements.Tuesday through Thursday, the contractor will be on Bedford Street, between Brigham Street and Palmer Street. On Thursday, the contractor will be on Brigham St, between Bedford Street and Farm Street. On Friday, the contractor will be on Farm Street, between Brigham Street and Brownell St. During working hours, these roads may be closed with signs posted to detour traffic around work areas. Police details will be on-site allowing access to residents only and assist with traffic management.
Project: Grape Street Collector Rehabilitation General Contractor: Green Mountain Pipeline Services Subcontractor: Duke’s Root Control (Friday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- The Subcontractor is scheduled to complete the root control in the wastewater system at the north and south sides of Buttonwood Park Pond. There may be a brief lane reduction along Brownell Ave while work is being completed.
Project: Phase 4 Transmission Main Reinforcement Project Contractor: C. Naughton Corp. (Monday-Friday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- The Contractor will continue replacing a section of the existing 48-in water transmission main north of the railroad crossing at Chipaway Road in East Freetown.
Project: Shawmut Avenue and Howland Street Pumping Station Improvements Project General Contractor: WES Construction Corp. (Monday-Friday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- The Contractor will continue installing the new sewer force main along Nash Road and Shawmut Avenue and Mt Pleasant Street. Lane restrictions will be in place during working hours, with one lane of alternating traffic open. Police officers will be on-site to assist with traffic management.