The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
August 19,2019 –August 23, 2019 and they are as follows:
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- Kings Highway at the railroad crossing
- Menton St
- Holyoke St
- Lowell St at Holyoke St
- Lawrence St at Holyoke St
- Pleasant St between Pope St to Franklin St
- Austin Court between Austin St to Hazard St
- Vernon St between Shawmut Ave to Highland St
- Contractor working on sidewalks along Ashley Blvd. from Wood St. to Eugenia St. for Mass DOT’s Safe Routes to School Project.
- Contractor scheduled to work at RTE 18 from Cove St. to Griffin Court. Police detail will direct traffic for lane closures and signage will be posted for sidewalk closures. Potomska St., West of Rte 18, closed to Eastbound and Westbound traffic. Detour signage posted for alternate routes.
- Contractor working on Madison St. from County St. to Orchard St.
- Contractor working on road reconstruction at Westview St from Newmasket St to Gifford’s Lane
- Contractor working at the railroad crossing on Tarklin Hill Road. Two-way street lane shift. Police detail and signage will be on site.
- Contractor working on resurfacing the roadway at the following locations. On street parking prohibited during times posted according to the notices posted on the street. Police detail and detours.
- Orchard St
- Valentine St (Brock Ave – Rodney French St)
- Campbell St (Shawmut Ave- Cottage St)
- Sixth St (Mechanics Ln to Spring St)
- Contractor working at Brooklawn Park on new basketball courts.
- Contractor working at Dias Field baseball diamond.
- Contractor paving large roadway patches throughout the City.
- Contractor is scheduled to replace lead water services along Mosher St, Jouvette St and Division St.
- Traffic may be reduced to one lane at times. It may also be necessary in some locations to temporarily close streets and detour traffic. Police details will on-site to direct traffic and signage will be posted.
- Contractor will be replacing water and sewer utilities along Union St between North Second St and Acushnet Ave.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane during working hours. It may also be necessary to temporarily close this block of Union St and detour traffic. Police details will be on-site to direct traffic and signage will be posted.
- Contractor will continue scheduling appointments and will have technicians visiting various locations throughout the city to replace meters and meter interface units (meter readers). Monday – Saturday (07:00 to 16:00). There will be no traffic control for this work.
- Contractor is scheduled to continue site work and utility installation at the Front St/ Elm St site and at the Merrimac St and Purchase St intersection. Elm St between JFK Memorial Highway (Route 18) and Macarthur Drive will be open to east bound traffic only. Westbound traffic will be detoured via Macarthur Drive. Detour signage and traffic controls will be in place.
- Contractor scheduled to begin roadway construction along Purchase St at Merrimac St intersection on Monday. Southbound traffic on Purchase St will be detoured via Hazard St to Pleasant St to Franklin St during working hours. Police details will be on-site to direct traffic and signage will be posted.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be line painting on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Please see the City of New Bedford website for additional street closings due to Special Events.
- Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
New Bedford, Massachusetts– The Department of Public Infrastructure will conduct a major street sweeping program in the city, including a parking ban on designated sides of the street as listed below. The program will run from April 4 through November 1.
The street sweeping will operate on a bi-weekly schedule, at the following locations:
Street sweeping will occur on Thursdays from midnight to 6 a.m.
FIRST and THIRD Thursday of the month:
- Dartmouth Street (from Matthew Street to Allen Street)
- Kempton Street (from Rockdale Avenue to Sixth Street)
- Mill Street (from County Street to Rockdale Avenue)
- Rivet Street (from Route 18 to Hemlock Street)
- Cove Road (from Brock Avenue to the Dartmouth town line)
- Cove Street (from East Rodney French Boulevard to County Street)
- Route 18 (from Cove Road to Cove Street)
SECOND and FOURTH Thursday of the month:
- County Street (from Rivet Street to Cove Street)
- Ashley Boulevard (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
- Acushnet Avenue (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
- North Front Street (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
Failure to follow the posted street sweeping signs will result in vehicles being towed. During this timeframe, parking will be prohibited within the posted areas to allow sweepers full access to the curb line. These focused areas of sweeping are in addition to the regular, weekly scheduled street sweeping on the city’s main thoroughfares.