The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for this upcoming week of
October 15, 2019 -October 18, 2019 and they are as follows:
- Eversource will be replacing the gas main on the following locations:
- House services of Menton St., Holyoke St., Lawrence St., Lowell St.
- Carrol St. at Palmer St
- Ryan St. from Reed St. to Rockdale Ave.
- Austin St from State St to Purchase St
- John St from Ryan St to Farm St
- Hersom St from Baylies St to Acushnet Ave
- Whittier St from Hawthorn St to Carrol St
- Contractor to continue road reconstruction on Mt. Vernon St. from Shawmut Ave. to Highland St.
- Contractor working on sidewalks along Ashley Blvd. from Wood St. to Eugenia St. for Mass DOT’s Safe Routes to School Project.
- Contractor scheduled to continue raising structures within the roadway on RTE 18 from Cove St. to Griffin Court. Police detail will direct traffic for lane closures and signage will be posted for sidewalk closures.
- Weather permitting, contractor to be paving leveling courses on JFK- Phase II from Cove St to Griffin Ct on Friday, October 18th.
- Contractor to resume work on Union Street, from S.Sixth St to Water St. Preparation for final paving. There will be street closure signage and traffic controls in place.
- Contractor will be prepping for paving on the following streets.
- Westview St from Gifford Lane to terminus
- Clara Street from East Rodney French Blvd to Brock Ave
- Frederick St from East Rodney French Blvd to Brock Ave
- Contractor continuing road reconstruction on Valentine St. from Brock Ave. to West Rodney French Blvd.
- Contractor working at the railroad crossing on Tarklin Hill Road. Two-way street lane shift. Police detail and signage will be on site.
- Contractor working at Brooklawn Park on new basketball courts.
- Contractor paving large roadway patches throughout the City.
- Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
- Please see the City of New Bedford website for additional street closings due to Special Events.
- Contractor is scheduled to complete trench paving and concrete sidewalk restoration at completed service replacement locations along Social St., Harmony St., Welcome St., Viall St. and Salisbury St. Traffic may be reduced to one lane at times. It may also be necessary in some locations to temporarily close streets and detour traffic. Police details will be on-site to direct traffic and signage will be posted.
- Contractor is scheduled to continue site work and utility installation at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St. between JFK Memorial Highway (Route 18) and Macarthur Drive will be closed to west bound traffic. Vehicles will be detoured via MacArthur Dr. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
- Contractor will continue scheduling appointments and will have technicians visiting various locations throughout the city to replace meters and meter interface units (meter readers). There will be no traffic controls for this work.
- Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
New Bedford, Massachusetts– The Department of Public Infrastructure will conduct a major street sweeping program in the city, including a parking ban on designated sides of the street as listed below. The program will run from April 4th through November 1st.
The street sweeping will operate on a bi-weekly schedule, at the following locations:
Street sweeping will occur on Thursdays from midnight to 6 a.m.
FIRST and THIRD Thursday of the month:
- Dartmouth Street (from Matthew Street to Allen Street)
- Kempton Street (from Rockdale Avenue to Sixth Street)
- Mill Street (from County Street to Rockdale Avenue)
- Rivet Street (from Route 18 to Hemlock Street)
- Cove Road (from Brock Avenue to the Dartmouth town line)
- Cove Street (from East Rodney French Boulevard to County Street)
- Route 18 (from Cove Road to Cove Street)
SECOND and FOURTH Thursday of the month:
- County Street (from Rivet Street to Cove Street)
- Ashley Boulevard (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
- Acushnet Avenue (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
- North Front Street (from Nash Road to Coggeshall Street)
Failure to follow the posted street sweeping signs will result in vehicles being towed. During this timeframe, parking will be prohibited within the posted areas to allow sweepers full access to the curb line. These focused areas of sweeping are in addition to the regular, weekly scheduled street sweeping on the city’s main thoroughfares.